Wednesday 4 April 2012

A Plea for Donations!!!

I have decided to go back to Africa to participate in some voluntary projects. The first one is based in Swakopmund, Namibia, where I discovered a textile charity that teaches local women how to sew, in order for them to make a living for themselves. The second is a youth centre in Knysna, on the Western Cape of South Africa. This youth centre supports children who live on the streets or have been kicked out of school; I have been invited to teach them how to sew. The third is a textile charity that works with disabled adults, again teaching them how to sew in order to make a living. I hope to be away for at least three months and obviously this will cost money. Flights, accommodation, insurance, food and transport all add up. I would really like to be able to share the skills I have with people less fortunate than myself; to give them the opportunity to develop skills they could earn a living from.



If you feel that you would like to donate a small sum (every penny gratefully received!), please look for my paypal account under: Sarah Magill, sarahmagill@yahoo.co.uk



Thank you for reading this post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment