Sunday, 29 August 2010

Custom Dress #2

I decided to trial this in fabric, as the drapes work so much better than in paper. This is the bodice section. I still think it comes too low, so will raise the mid-section under the arm.

The mid-section needed yo be cut on the bias to create better folds, so I cut this on the stand.
This shows how I have raised the midsection:
The original design has folds on the shoulder, so I have added extra fabric here to create this effect.

This is what the pattern looks like flat:


  1. I'm an apprenticing seamstress and your blog, this post, is total inspiration. Thanks for doing what you do, and showing it along the way!

  2. Aah, thanks Eva! You have a beautiful blog :)