I chose to use chambray, broderie anglais and a fine white and red stripe cotton for detail. Some initial sketches to show how I arrived at my adaptation:
Adapting the pattern. I stuck the shoulders together to redraft into straps. I had to add some paper towards the neck and take it away from the shoulder- you can just about see the new stitching and cutting lines. I then cut the pattern into two again, but lowered the shoulder seam onto the front bodice, as I wanted to see the broderie anglais creeping over.
I then drafted a yoke onto the front and back pieces. I added seam allowance onto the yokes and bodiec pieces where I split them.